Sunday, August 25, 2013

A New Beginning

Tomorrow we restart the camino after a tiny break to see friends and travel to the starting point of our trip to our destination of Santiago. We're all wondering how it will turn out. Will we be as sore as we were at the begging? Or will we be in better shape than ever? Will we be in the same mindset as when we started? Or will we maintain a new outlook on the camino? Both are questions that will be answered tomorrow. I think that we'll be better off than before. After having some recovery time for our feet and legs, I think we'll be far more able to deal with the physical challenge. And after having some time to think and rest without physical exertion, I think we'll also be more mentally prepared. Don't get me wrong - it will be a challenge to get back into the swing of things. But I think that, overall, we're not hurt by our tiny break. Would waking straight through without a car trip be better? I don't know. But I think that no matter what, we will truly have a buen camino. :)

-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment